Signs of Rodent Infestation in Your Home or Business
A rodent infestation in your home or business can cause several problems, including damage to property, contamination of food, and the spread of disease. It is important to be able to recognize the signs of a rodent infestation so that you can take action to eliminate the problem as soon as possible. Some common signs of a rodent infestation include:
- Droppings: One of the most obvious signs of a rodent infestation is the presence of droppings. Rodent droppings are small, dark, and cylindrical in shape. They can be found in a variety of locations, including near food sources, along walls and baseboards, and in attics and crawl spaces.
- Gnaw marks: Rodents, especially rats, have strong teeth and will gnaw on a variety of materials, including wood, plastic, and metal. Gnaw marks can be found on walls, baseboards, and other surfaces around your home or business.
- Nests: Rodents will often create nests in dark, secluded areas, such as attics, crawl spaces, and behind walls. These nests may be made of materials such as insulation, paper, or fabric.
- Unusual sounds: Rodents are nocturnal animals and may be heard scurrying and squeaking at night.
- Sightings: If you see a rodent or multiple rodents running across the floor, in the walls, or in the attic, it’s a clear sign of an infestation.
- Odor: A musky or musty smell can indicate the presence of rodents in your home or business.
- Damaged goods: Rodents are known to gnaw on food packaging, clothing, and other items. If you notice holes in food packaging or chew marks on clothing or other materials, it may be a sign of a rodent infestation.
- Evidence of feeding: If you notice that food is missing or has been tampered with, it may be a sign that rodents have been feeding in your home or business.
- Presence of burrows: Rodents like rats and mice, will burrow in gardens, lawns, or near foundations, and can cause damage to the structure of the building.
- Presence of fleas or ticks: Rodents often carry fleas and ticks, which can also infest your home or business. If you notice an unusual number of fleas or ticks in your home or business, it may be a sign of a rodent infestation.
It’s important to note that if you suspect a rodent infestation, it’s best to contact a professional exterminator from AAA Pest Control to assess the problem and develop a plan to eliminate the rodents. It’s free! Your AAA Pest Control professional will guide you in taking preventative measures to keep rodents from entering your home or business in the first place, such as sealing up holes and cracks, removing potential food sources, and keeping the area clean.
If it Bugs You, Bug Us. Give us a call and schedule an appointment today.